It’s here, it’s finally here!
It’s the moment we’ve all been waiting for! Ok, I guess it’s just me that’s been waiting for it, because you guys didn’t even know it was coming. I’ve been wanting to do a giveaway on the blog for some time now, and what better day than my birthday (woohoo!) to kick off Feeding Your Beauty’s first ever prize drawing!
Today through midnight (EST) on September 22, all of you lovely people have the chance to win some of my favorite DIY natural beauty swag, including everything you need to make my two most popular face masks, the Raw Cacao Super Antioxidant Mask, and the Bentonite Dream Skin Detox Mask. This beauty grab bag contains:
- 4 1/2 oz. of bentonite clay
- 3 oz. Moroccan Red Clay
- 4 oz. Desert Essences Pure Jojoba oil
- 9.5 oz. Organic Pure Aloe Vera Gel
- 2 oz. Organic Vegetable Glycerin
- 8 oz. package of Navitas Naturals Raw Cacao Powder
- a bar of my favorite vegan/organic/fair trade PASCHA dark chocolate
- Prize value: over $40! Having soft, smooth, clear skin: priceless 🙂
I hand-selected these specific ingredients because they are my absolute favorites. The clay, aloe vera gel, and vegetable glycerin come from one of my favorite shops here in Grand Rapids, which sells organic carrier oils, essential oils, cosmetic clay, herbs, and more for making your own DIY natural hair and skin goodies (Moon Drop Herbals, for any of my fellow Michiganders). These are all the exact ingredients I use to whip up my face masks, and what I put on my skin on an everyday basis.
These natural ingredients can be used for so many different things, and I’m hoping if you aren’t already a DIY beauty nerd like me, that winning this giveaway is going to commence some serious geeking-out on homemade skin care. I have a ton of ideas for future beauty recipes, utilizing many of these ingredients. I’m talking cleansing grains, homemade shampoos, easy DIY cosmetics, facial toner, detangling spray, and more. I’ve been testing and re-testing and hope to have some ready to share with you soon. In the meantime, a quick google search of these ingredients will have you up to your awe-struck eyeballs in natural beauty instructionals.
Why You Want This Stuff
Here are just a few reasons you’re going to want to enter this contest and start crossing your fingers…
- Bentonite Clay – seriously my favorite beauty clay, ever. When combined with liquid it acts as a sponge/magnet, becoming highly absorbent with a negative electromagnetic charge, sucking up all the toxins it finds on your skin like a miracle vacuum for your face. It’s a dream for acne prone skin, but can make all skin types smooth and radiant. You can even use it on your scalp. Or in toothpaste. Or deodorant. I’m not sure there’s anything this clay can’t do. Google it.
- Red Moroccan Clay (also known as Rahssoul Clay) – many swear by mineral-rich Moroccan red clay for it’s ability to smooth, tighten, remove excess oil and impurities, and iron out fine lines and wrinkles. Others love it because it is good for sensitive skin. It’s been used for centuries by Moroccan women to enhance skin and hair. It is my second favorite clay, ever.
- Jojoba Oil – ohh jojoba, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways… You make my skin feel oh-so-soft. You sink it perfectly without being greasy, you’ve even made my pores look invisible and keep me from breaking out. You’re my go-to for oil-cleansing. You work great in so many face masks. I even use a little bit of you on the ends of my hair to tame frizz. Jojoba oil, I love you forever.
- Vegetable glycerin – vegetable glycerin is a new find for me. It’s a humectant, meaning it attracts moisture, and I like to use it as a replacement for honey in homemade beauty care. It is great for adding bulk, moisture, and thickness to face masks. You can find it in lots of conventional hair and skin care, as well as in tons of DIY recipes. I’m currently working on a shine spray/hair detangler, and most likely vegetable glycerin will be in the mix.
- Aloe Vera Gel – I love putting aloe vera gel into all kinds of homemade skin products. It’s awesome in masks, toners, face cleanser, and scrubs… aloe vera is healing, soothing, lightly moisturizing, and is an important component for many DIY beauty treatments, even homemade cosmetics. I like to use a small amount as a super simple soft-hold hair gel/frizz tamer. It’s also great on it’s own as a very light, oil-free moisturizer on hot and humid days.
- Navitas Naturals Raw Cacao Powder – I love this cacao powder! I have several recipes on this site alone with cacao powder, besides the face mask, that involve eating this lovely superfood. Check out alllll the gorgeous benefits of this aromatic face food in my Raw Cacao Face Mask post, and all the great reasons to eat it here. Which brings me to last glorious prize.
- PASCHA 70% Cacao Dark Organic Chocolate Bar – Because… chocolate. And it’s my birthday. Also, see the links on cacao above.
One of you lucky souls is going to have SO. MUCH. FUN whipping up some non-toxic, cruelty-free, all-natural, skin nourishing treats. I’m picturing mother/daughter beauty day, his and hers face masks and massages, bachelorette party/bridal beauty bash, best buds DIY day… the possibilities are endless! Go tell your friends, mom, dad, husband, wife, sisters, brothers, coworkers, etc. to enter the drawing and plan a get-gorgeous day! (Yes, dads, husbands, and brothers want to get gorgeous too. I’m sure of it).
Enter the contest below! You have 2 ways to enter the drawing, definitely do both to increase your chances! The giveaway will close at midnight in two weeks, on September 22, 2015. The winner will be announced the next day, and I’ll ask you to send email me your address so I can send you the beauty swag. Good luck!
(p.s. I’ve got to set some ground rules… please be 18 or over to enter)
Click on the FIRST link below to enter the Rafflecopter drawing
The Giveaway is now closed… thanks for entering! See the winner here