Whaaaaat? We’re already five days into September??? I swear yesterday it was June and then I made the mistake of blinking and now it’s Labor day weekend. I need to stop blinking so much apparently, because time is speeding by way too fast. Monday is Labor Day for those us in the U.S., it’s also Labour Day in Canada. This means a long weekend for most people, and possibly a party or gathering. Labor day weekend is like summer’s last hurrah. It’s our last chance wear that cute floral sundress and those white summer flats and sandals before we start pulling out the dark denim and flannel. It may very well be the last time we serve party guests cool salads, frozen treats, grilled veggie kabobs, and all of our favorite warm-weather dishes we’ve fallen for this summer. I know you’re probably headed out the door for food and supplies as we speak, so without further ado, here are 12 healthy, gluten free and vegan dishes that are perfect for sharing this weekend. Hurrah and farewell summer!
- Mom’s Tempeh Chk’n Salad
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies (v, gf, date-sweetened)
- Crispy Coconut Lime Kale Chips
- Coconut-Buckwheat-Oat Banana Bread (v, gf)
- Oven “Fried” Pickles (v, gf)
- “Snickers” Frozen Banana Bites
- Roasted Carrot and Garlic Hummus with Sriracha
- Roasted Cauliflower “Baja” Tostadas
- Sunny Lemon Cupcakes with Whipped Lemon “Frosting” (v, gf)
- Glowing Green Hummus with Spinach and Artichokes
- Strawberry-Mint-Avocado Salad with a Balsamic Glaze
- Healthy Peach Crisp (v, gf)
Hope you all have a safe, happy, and healthy weekend!
2 thoughts on “12 Recipes for Your Long Weekend Get-Together”
The peach crips looks so delicious!!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks so much Heidi! I love crisps with all kinds of fruits but peach has to be my favorite! 🙂 have a great weekend!