So overnight oats. I was a little hesitant to post this recipe because the whole overnight oatmeal thing is a little… two years ago? In fact, the first overnight oats recipe I ever posted on the blog was back in 2015, this Almond Butter and Carob number. Throwing all notions of being a “cool” and trendsetting food blogger out the (kitchen) window, I decided I just had to post this because it’s just so darn delicious.
The idea for this recipe came to me when I was making my very favorite banana bread donuts. My daughter and I couldn’t keep our sneaky little spoons out of the batter! I thought, I need an excuse to just eat this. Looking at the ingredients; oats, bananas, cinnamon, a touch of maple syrup… a delicious overnight oats recipe really wasn’t too much of a stretch. To make it a super nutritious breakfast option, (and not just an excuse to eat something that tastes exactly like banana bread donut batter) I added protein and omega 3 rich hemp, chia, flax seeds, and walnuts. The result is thick, filling, nourishing, and soooo tasty.
There’s a reason overnight oats are still popular, they’re easy and awesome! I hope you give this one a try, friends.
Banana Bread Batter Overnight Oats – Vegan and Gluten Free
makes one large or two small servings
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 – 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- optional nuts/seeds: 2 tsp flax seeds, 1 tbsp hemp seeds, handful of chopped walnuts
- 1 cup cashew, almond, or other dairy free milk of choice
- 2 tsp maple syrup or to taste (can sub other sweeteners)
- 1 ripe and spotty banana
- To serve: splash of dairy free milk, walnuts
- Combine oats, chia seeds, cinnamon, sea salt, and optional nuts/seeds in a 16 ounce or larger jar. Add dairy free milk and maple syrup and stir well. Allow to set in the fridge overnight or for at least two hours.
- Before serving, peel your ripe banana and mash very well in a small bowl. Mix the mashed banana into the oats, add a splash of dairy free milk and top with walnuts.
Alternatively, you can add the mashed banana before letting it sit in the fridge overnight, but I don’t like second day banana, so I like to add mine right before eating.
4 thoughts on “Banana Bread Batter Overnight Oats”
Thanks for the recipe looks great
You’re welcome! Thanks for checking it out Lisa 🙂
I love overnight oats with seeds and fruit too! This looks lovely 😊
LikeLiked by 1 person
Yay for easy and filling breakfasts! I love Overnight oats especially as the weather gets warmer 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person